On PeerTube

 

 

Recently, I opened up a PeerTube account to go with my Mastodon account. It's an alternative to YouTube in the Fediverse. It's interesting to see what people upload. It reminds me of what YouTube was like in the very beginning with people uploading art videos and animations. Perhaps that's what people really want to do. What we see on YouTube is what society expects us to do and how the algorithms are changing our intentions. It's subverting free will perhaps and we don't realize it.

The first YouTube video (uploaded to a channel), 4/23/2005. (Apparently it's still no forensically determined what the date of the first video was, and may never be known if that account no longer exists)

One of my first videos was an art video to go with my Curvilinea album in 2006. PeerTube makes it feel like it's now 2006.



Comments

Popular Posts