An AI Feature Request

If I were to construct a custom AI tool or algorithm it would simply be what I’m doing now: select words from a specific text (not the entire scraped internet) and map them to a rhythm, select a good key (including horn keys if I specify that it uses horns, or to automatically choose a jazz or R&B template--which means it will be a swing feel (but do computers do swing well?), choose a good tempo and set the meter. (Does AI know how to do 12/8 or “12/8 Feel”?). Put that all in a notation program using proper note values, not a bunch of tied 16th notes. I want to use it with minimal tweaking. Otherwise I can do all this manually without AI and more to my liking because I can skip the "widgeting" process altogether. This is not unlike the isomelody/isorythm technique of mapping a sequence of pitches to a repeating rhythmic phrase or motif. Even then, the output of algorithms still need tweaking.

An example where a sequence of 6 pitches are mapped across various rhythmic figures (marked with slurs):




Comments

Popular Posts