Joy To the World


Where is the joy?

Like the song that came out in the 70s, Where Is the Love? by Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway,  where's the joy in new technologies? If people get sustenance out of it and it gives them a sense of peace and calmness within themselves then I think they've found the joy. But if you get anxiety from it, why do it? That's when you have to stop and ask yourself, "Am I finding joy in this or is it just making me anxious and depressed?" These days I think most things do. I feel fortunate because I can pick up an instrument and get a sense of joy in just playing it. But not everybody can do that. It takes a long time to get to that level and people aren't spending large amounts of time on those kinds of things anymore, sadly. If you can find something that's equivalent to learning an instrument over the course of a lifetime and finding a lot of joy in that then that's a technology worth pursuing.

(Video Transcript 6/19/2021)

Comments

Popular Posts