Twitter Epitaph

 


I've been on Twitter almost as long as I've kept this blog. Of course, it is essentially a microblog--it's original definition.

The medium made interesting messages and I like its constraints and tagging, especially the #sixwords tag, which was the genesis of Alliterative Haiku. I liked the #quote Tweets but in retrospect, how quaint: the platform became a way to beat people up. YouTube has also evolved into something else. In the beginning I thought it would be interesting for contemplative video art--how quaint. The early zeitgeist--and all the zeitgeist of Web 1.0 is now officially over. But it can be revived. Things are only over to the extent that people haven't started the new beginning.

I like the idea of the Fediverse, where you can port all your data to new platforms--sort of a PDF for social media content. (PMF--Portable Media Format) But really it's just XML or JSON, all Web 1.0 stuff.


Comments

Popular Posts