My AI (Cont.)

 


As an experiment, I used a text randomizer on all my November 10 diary entries. It's just a melange of words and makes absolutely no sense, but I found two usable rhythms and mapped various words over them and a song idea emerged. (It's interesting what you can do with just a little bit of algorithm that you can make yourself). We tend to want to use things right out of whatever the latest "box" is (AI, ChatGPT), but the nature of creativity is that you have to make the discoveries. It's you finding the patterns. The best metaphor we could use is that it's a block of stone--it's a sculpting process where the words are sculpted to fit the rhythmic schema.

I titled the song result 30,000 Years because that was one of the generated text phrases. (I'm not quite sure where that particular phrase came from but it was usable as a chorus idea).

Obviously, this process is nothing new. Back in the late 90s, I remember generating lyrics in various random ways. On one song, Threads, I used magnetic poetry--little boxes of words that you would stick on a metal surface.

Simple randomization is sort of my "AI". I think people should do more of that--just make your own artificial intelligence--make your own algorithms.

 


Comments

Popular Posts