Days In A Life

 


Album releases are a special time for me. They're sort of like birthdays or Christmas. But there's always quite a bit of deliberation on the release date. Apparently, Fridays are good release days and I chose the 19th of January because as I've looked back at my diary entries (as well as other diaries for January--specifically those in The Complete Beatles, a studio diary 1963-1970), there was one entry on January 19, 1967 about the seed idea for A Day In The Life:

From little acorns...The song which was to become the stunning finale of the Beatles' next album. "A Day In the Life", started it out simply...as a stark bare recording...

I thought that was perfect because it was a seed planted in September 2021 and now it's fully grown. It's also interesting that it will be a seed planted for the next in the series, Sum II: ______. It will be calendrical like Sum I, but will be songs about specific days. One of them might be January 19, 2024 to connect the two albums.


 

Comments

Popular Posts